[mrtg] Re: Plotting graph in mrtg using snmpcollect data

Paul C. Williamson pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Thu Nov 15 13:19:06 MET 2001

Please stop posting the same question over and over again.  If you don't get an answer, it means nobody knows or hasn't had the time to answer.

What is ovmrtg?  I asked that before, and didn't get an answer.  I'm guessing you are using OpenView, and somehow mrtg is tied into OpenView.  Is this correct?
Otherwise, I have no idea what ovmrtg is.  Last I checked, OpenView and MRTG don't have any hooks to each other.

How does the data get from NNM from MRTG?  Did you write a custom script?  I suspect that mrtg is collecting the data separately from NNM.  Where is the error popping up?  What happens when you run mrtg from the command line like:

perl mrtg cpu.cfg

It should run ok with no errors.  Start with that and come back with the results.

Paul
>>> "shiva yadav" <shiva_yadav at hotmail.com> 11/15/01 04:45 AM >>>
Hi,

  We are facing problem in plotting the graph in ovmrtg.

  We have integrated Network Node Mamagement (NNM ) with mrtg for plotting the graph.

  So nnm snmpcollect collects the  data & mrtg plots it.

  Note that we are able to plot the graph in mrtg using snmpcollect data for switchs & routers interface, but now we want to even plot the mrtg graph for system cpu, swap &  memory.

  Problem :- snmpcollect is collecting  the data  for system cpu, swap, memory using Compaq Inside manager MIBS, but we are not able to plot it in MRTG

  O/S :- Solaris 2.6

  cpu.cfg:- config file

  WorkDir: /home/nankahatela/.nanka/mrtg
  IconDir: ../

  # Cpu Utilization

  Target[ntiis_cpu]: .1.3.6.1.4.1.232.11.2.3.1.1.2.0&.1.3.6.1.4.1.232.11.2.3.1.1.2.0:Salwit at 10.0.200.182
  Title[ntiis_cpu]: Cyquator Shared "NTIIS" Cpu utilization
  MaxBytes[ntiis_cpu]:100
  PageTop[ntiis_cpu]: <H1> Cyquator Shared "NTIIS" Cpu utilization %</H1>
  Unscaled[ntiis_cpu]: ymwd
  ShortLegend[ntiis_cpu]: %
  XSize[ntiis_cpu]: 380
  YSize[ntiis_cpu]: 100
  YLegend[ntiis_cpu]: CPU Usage
  Legend1[ntiis_cpu]: CPU Utilization in %
  #Legend2[ntiis_cpu]:
  #Legend3[ntiis_cpu]:
  #Legend4[ntiis_cpu]:
  LegendI[ntiis_cpu]: usage
  LegendO[ntiis_cpu]:
  Options[ntiis_cpu]: gauge, growright

  Error: - root at bbycyqsip:perl mrtg cpu.cfg
  Can't locate object method "new" via package "IO::Socket::INET" at /usr/local/mr
  tg-2/lib/mrtg2/SNMP_Session.pm line 523.
  root at bbycyqsip:

  Can someone help us on this problem.

  Regards
  Shiva.