[mrtg] Re: Plotting graph in mrtg using snmpcollect data

Paul C. Williamson pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Thu Nov 15 14:57:46 MET 2001

So, as I asked before...HOW does mrtg plot the data?

How is mrtg getting the data in the .log file?  What is it polling
on the OV side to get the data?  From the looks of it, MRTG
is trying to collect the data as normal.  What is the target
line of the existing cfg that works correctly?

Paul

>>> "shiva yadav" <shiva_yadav at hotmail.com> 11/15/01 07:23PM >>>
Hi ,

I did not received your previous mail.

anyway :-

We have integrated NNM with mrtg so mrtg does not induvidually polls the
target system. NNM polls the system & collect the data & then mtrg plots it.

We have sucessfully  able to plot the graph for cisco interface, but we are
not able to plot for system cpu.

Following  are the errors  :-

Error: - root at bbycyqsip:perl mrtg cpu.cfg
 Can't locate object method "new" via package "IO::Socket::INET" at
/usr/local/mr
  tg-2/lib/mrtg2/SNMP_Session.pm line 523.
  root at bbycyqsip

If u can help me to solve the problem.

Your any more details pls let us know.

Regards