[mrtg] MRTG tunneling

Robert Gahl bgahl at fireclick.com
Fri Nov 16 00:14:52 MET 2001

We have a situation where we can't use UDP to gather the OID data (systems
exist behind a Foundry and the configuration of that beast precludes UDP).
However, we'd still like to use MRTG to gather data from the hardware.
Granted, we could configure some box behind the Foundry's to gather data
and then view it, indirectly.

However, the question came up as to whether or not MRTG can use TCP rather
than UDP? Scanning the documentation, I don't see any mention of this, so I
figure the answer is now. But, I wanted to ask the group at large before I
report a conclusive negative.

===
Bob Gahl Bicycle (Ryan Vanguard) Mobile ||     @
   ARPA/Internet: bgahl at fireclick.com    ||  !_ \
"If you're trying to be politically correct you're like a chameleon
in front of a mirror. What can you say that won't be offensive to
somebody?" Robin Williams