[mrtg] Re: MRTG tunneling

Lars Holmström lars.holmstrom at flysta.net
Fri Nov 16 07:50:41 MET 2001

Robert,

My understanding is that MRTG it self does not use either UDP or TCP. It is
rather a question for what MRTG is calling. If you for example use a standard
TARGET based on SNMP you call the module in
<MRTGpath>/lib/mrtg2/SNMP_session.pl

This specific module uses UDP to port 161.

But you may use MRTG and call any pther program. This program may use TCP for
its communication.

/Lars