[mrtg] Re: how does mrtg work ?

Lars Holmström lars.holmstrom at flysta.net
Wed Nov 21 22:35:55 MET 2001

Jain,

I believe all what you asked for is in the documentation, and maybe in the
frequently asked questions and/or the FAQ ? Please look further at the bottom of
all mails sent out by this maillistagent.

My understanding is that;
The descriptional information about an interface is retrieved by cfgmaker and is
by that mean static.
The SNMP counters MRTG defaults to is the counters for inbound and outbound bytes,
which means that if you do not spcifically specify an OID in your Target, this is
what MRTG will retrieve.

/Lars