[mrtg] negative counters SOLVED

Tyler J. Frederick tyler at sportsline.com
Mon Oct 1 19:06:45 MEST 2001

Gang... I think I solved it..

Upon reviewing the MRTG source code, it appears that all RRD's are created
with a minimum of zero.  This being the case, if anyone is querying
Checkpoint's mib, make sure you run an "rrdtool tune <file> -i
ds0:-100000000 -i ds1:-10000000" or something similar so it will handle
the negative numbers correctly.. Perhaps a "MinBytes" option in the next
mrtg?

tf.

--
Tyler J. Frederick