[mrtg] OTP with ntp

Paul C. Williamson pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Wed Oct 3 16:45:33 MEST 2001

Hi everyone,

For those that know ntp, read on.  If you don't feel free to
hit delete.

I am trying to sync my mrtg box up to our corporate time server.
My problem is that the time server is set for the correct time,
but I can't get my box to adjust to it, allowing for local time.
Basically, it's 10:45 am right now, but when I do an ntpdate,
my server gets set to 6:45 am.  Is there something I can put
in the ntp.conf file to adjust the time by 4 hours?  Am I doing
something wrong here?  Both machines are in the same time
zone, so I have no idea why, other than I'm not doing something
correctly.  OS of mrtg box is Linux RedHat 6.2.  Time server
is Netware 4.11.

The point of all this is that I want to graph what kind of drift my
box is getting so that I can compare it to the drift of another
box over a long period of time.

Thanks,
Paul