[mrtg] Re: MRTG not saving history of plot in .log files

Oliver Schulze L. oliver at samera.com.py
Fri Oct 12 19:10:07 MEST 2001

Hi Derek,
your graph look pretty amazing.
I have trying the option to multiply in the target line by 12, but i was
wrong:

Target[messages-3]: mailstats * 12

Thanks for your sugestion of multiplying by 60.

Right now I using the option perhour and sampling every 60 minutes.

Will try to sample every 5 minutes and multiply by 300.
I use a custom bash script to output the data from the mailstats
program. It outputs the same counter that the mailtstats program does.
Maybe I can save the previuos counter state and output only the diference
so I get something like the gauge option will do.

This is the current config with samples every 60minutes.
http://mail.columbia.edu.py/usage/mrtg/sendmail_inet.html

Thanks
Oliver