[mrtg] Toptaler.pl

Keith Olmstead kolmstea at centurytel.net
Fri Oct 12 19:36:21 MEST 2001

Need  Help understanding Toptalker.

Ok, I have downloaded toptalker.pl and I am trying to understand it and
unable to.  I changed the lib dir to the lib dir of my RRD.  I could not
find one for MRTG, does this make a difference?  Also do I have to put the
script in my HTML dir?  I figured so because you are calling it up in a web
page to check if it works or not.  When I do this it just reads the script
in my browser.  This is not correct is it?

Please help.  If there is anyone that has used this and got this working
please let me know.  I am trying to get it to display most active
interfaces and modem utilizations.
I was getting this info from most getactive.pl,  but that used mrtg and
HTML not RRD.

Also, is there a way to concatenate config files?  I am looking to make a
config file that has the total number of modems. eg.. Say I have 3 AS5300
in one pop with 100 modems each, instead of 3 targets, I need one target or
a way to combine those targets.  Is this possible??

Thanks,

Keith Olmstead
CenturyTel Network