[mrtg] Re: Toptaler.pl

Paul C. Williamson pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Fri Oct 12 20:28:45 MEST 2001

Lemme start out slowly.

Are you on NT or *nix?

I'm not sure what you mean about "I could not find one for
MRTG" - find one what?  The lib dir?  There shouldn't
be any place to change that.

I don't remember all the options to it (there aren't many), but I've
had no problems running it.  I haven't had a lot of time to clean up
the code, but I hope to get to doing that next week.

Paul

>>> Keith Olmstead <kolmstea at centurytel.net> 10/12/01 01:36PM >>>

Need  Help understanding Toptalker.

Ok, I have downloaded toptalker.pl and I am trying to understand it and
unable to.  I changed the lib dir to the lib dir of my RRD.  I could not
find one for MRTG, does this make a difference?  Also do I have to put thes
 cript in my HTML dir?  I figured so because you are calling it up in a webp
 age to check if it works or not.  When I do this it just reads the scripti
 n my browser.  This is not correct is it?

Please help.  If there is anyone that has used this and got this working
please let me know.  I am trying to get it to display most active
interfaces and modem utilizations.
I was getting this info from most getactive.pl,  but that used mrtg and
HTML not RRD.

Also, is there a way to concatenate config files?  I am looking to make ac
 onfig file that has the total number of modems. eg.. Say I have 3 AS5300i
 n one pop with 100 modems each, instead of 3 targets, I need one target ora
  way to combine those targets.  Is this possible??

Thanks,

Keith Olmstead
CenturyTel Network