[mrtg] Re: Rate Error

Paul C. Williamson pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Tue Oct 16 15:19:42 MEST 2001

I would bet you changed the time backwards.  By reading
some of the other responses, I'm sure you've figured out
that is a big no-no while running MRTG.  MRTG depends
on time to do its job.  Remember, it was created in
the country known for it's time keeping obsession.

In any event, waiting until your box catches up to the
last time your logfile was updated will "correct" the
problem.

Paul

>>> kix kox <mrtgxxx at yahoo.com> 10/15/01 09:28PM >>>

Hi,
 i succesfully installed a mrtg-2.9.17 on a Rad Hat
Linux 7.1 box but i'm getting some rate errors when i
execute mrtg.

Here's the error message.

Rate ERROR:/usr/local/mrtg-2.9.17/bin/rateup found
that w.x.y.z_301's log file time of 1003152269 was
greater than now (1003132034): ERROR: Lets not do the
time warp again. Logfile unchanged.

What went wrong and how do you fix this problem?

Thanks.