[mrtg] Matrix monitoring

David Manchado dmanchado at eurociber.es
Tue Oct 16 16:04:05 MEST 2001

Hi all, I want to monitor a Matrix (Gigaswitch) using a Unix (Solaris 8) box.

The problem is that I have peaks over 1.1 Gb and using crontab I can sample every minute so the 32-bit counters overwrap (1 minute -> 572 Mbs maximum)... So... I have also proved to query HCCounters but I haven't found any MIB provided by Cabletron or Enterasys (if you do have. would you be so kind as to give me the url or something like that... ;-)) and I'm afraid this gigaswitch don't have 64-bit counters... Has any of you monitored this kind of machine? How can I sample every 30 seconds (using crontab or any other solution)

Thanks in advance. David