[mrtg] cisco catalyst question-off topic

Angel Behar abehar at pacificnet.com.mx
Tue Oct 30 22:32:44 MET 2001

I know that this is not the right forum to ask this, but because a lot
of people here works with catalyst maybe somebody can point me in the
right direction or to the right place.

I have a 4006 catalyst with RMS and 6 fiber ports. This switch is
connected to 6 2900XL switch by fddi.
The thing is that we have a B class network all over the building (1,200
hosts) and is segmented by the layer 2 VLAN's. Now I need to create a
"common" VLAN for a server farm and that VLAN should be seen from every
other VLAN, but the thing is I can't route because all the networks is
255.255.0.0 so all the VLAN's see each other, If a I configure
transparent bridging it is exactly the same. In other words : I need
that VLAN 3 and VLAN 4 see VLAN 2 (common) but VLAN 3 and VLAN 4 should
not see each other.

I already try Access-List but I can't use ACL's in port-channel
interfaces.

Sorry if this mail bothers you.

Hope somebody can help me.

Thanks in advance