[mrtg] AW: LogDir set, but errors and warnings still appearing in Event log

"Helmert, Jörg" Joerg.Helmert at EINSTEINet.de
Tue Apr 9 18:18:28 MEST 2002

Hi,

never used it, but as I understand LogDir, this is the place,
where rrd or rateup logs are placed.

For error logging there is a commandline switch: --logging.

See mrtg config reference:
--logging filename|eventlog
    If this is set to writable filename, all output from mrtg
    (warnings, debug messages, errors) will go to filename.
    If you are running on Win32 you can specify eventlog instead
    of a filename which will send all error to the windows event log.

So: check if you use "--logging eventlog" while starting mrtg and change
it accordingly.

bye,

Joerg Helmert