[mrtg] Newbie OS X User

Dan Tappin dan at wavefront.ca
Tue Apr 30 05:07:10 MEST 2002

I have MRTG up and running on my OS X box and I am looking for some help
on setting up the fancy GUI for monitoring my servers.

I have only one system right now but I plan to have 6+ when I am done my
OS 9 -> OS X transition.  I am on a steep UNIX learning curve so please
bear with me if you try to help the poor newbie.

My specific problems are with running the cfgmaker and indexmaker.  I
have a virtual host setup to view the MRTG directory but thats it.  I
have deduced so far that I need to run cfgmaker first to make my
mrtg.cfg file and then it's on to indexmaker.  Where I get stuck is the
options and associated paths.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan