[mrtg] Re: Cat 6509 MIB browsing

Steve Godfrey britsg at bristol-city.gov.uk
Wed Aug 7 15:55:08 MEST 2002

I too use a different copy of GetIf for each different device type. I didn't realise it only support version 1 MIBS though.

>>> Jerry Heidtke <jheidtke at fmlh.edu> 08/07/02 02:37pm >>>

I believe that GetIf requires v1 mibs. GetIf also has a limit in how much
MIB data it can compile; I've gotten around this by having several copies of
GetIf with different sets of MIBs for different devices. To discover what
errors the MIB compiler is generating, start GetIf, exit, then look at
getif.log.

Jerry