[mrtg] Re: Limit on Number of Interfaces?

Koelstra, J. (Jan) JKoelstra at MINSZW.NL
Fri Aug 9 15:21:53 MEST 2002

Aaron,

I don't know how to tell MRTG to take the primary IP of an interface,
but...
If you run cfgmaker with '--ifref=descr' your Fa0/0 interface is listed
as FA0_0 in the MRTG config.
Hopes this is some help?

Jan.

-----Original Message-----
From: Aaron Conaway [mailto:Aaron.Conaway at HOSystems.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 08, 2002 11:13 PM
To: Timothy Finkenstadt
Cc: mrtg at list.ee.ethz.ch
Subject: [mrtg] Re: Limit on Number of Interfaces?

Tim:  Thanks for your help.  That cleared up a lot of issues for this
newb.  Who would have thought that a # means to ignore the line?  :)

It turns out that my Fa0/0 that I want to monitor is actually listed as
one of the 22.  I completely forgot that we have a secondary IP address
(totally against my wishes) on that interface and it reported as the
secondary IP.  I'm sure this is a feature of SNMP, right?  If it's not,
anyone know how to make MRTG take the primary IP of the interface?

Thanks...

Aaron Conaway
Network Engineer III
Verisign, Inc.