[mrtg] wperl fails (Win2k)

Nuzman nuzman at shreve.net
Thu Aug 22 18:14:44 MEST 2002

I'm trying to get a new install of MRTG on Win2k running properly. I have it
working manually and was able to manually start the session with the
following command:

start /Dd:\mrtg\bin wperl mrtg --logging=eventlog corprtr.cfg

This was running fine for a few days, but after a reboot (data center move),
this session will no longer run. I can see wperl.exe in the task list for
about 2 seconds. I changed wperl to perl and was able to grab the following
error messages:

Use of uninitialized value in subroutine entry at
C:/Perl/site/lib/Win32/EventLog.pm line 72.
Argument "Started mrtg\n" isn't numeric in subroutine entry at
C:/Perl/site/lib/Win32/EventLog.pm line 46.
Use of uninitialized value in subrouting entry at
C:/Perl/site/lib/Win32/EventLog.pm line 199.
Argument "WARN" isn't numeric in subroutine entry at
C:/Perl/site/lib/Win32/EventLog.pm line 199.
Use of uninitialized value in subroutine entry at
C:/Perl/site/lib/Win32/EventLog.pm line 199.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Perl
(ActivePerl-5.6.1.633-MSWin32-x86.msi). MRTG version is 2.9.22.

Here's the strange thing... 6 of my .cfg files have the same failure... 9
others run just fine. I just reran the config on a router who's .cfg file
was working .. now it's not working anymore.

cfgmaker --global "WorkDir: d:\mrtg\www" --global "options[_]:
growright,bits" --community=public --ifref=descr --ifdesc=alias
10.13.1.1 --output=radrtr1.cfg

Is it possible cfgmaker is corrupt on my system? I'm gonna redownload and
replace the binaries.

Thanks for any ideas how to get this running again.

Nuzman