[mrtg] Re: VLAN utilization

bwoodcoc bwoodcoc at genuity.com
Fri Dec 20 16:53:34 MET 2002

While this is true you may want to do some testing of the numbers. The last
time I looked at this on 65xx the numbers were extremely low for vlan
rates. It appeared as though cut-thru switching/routing across vlans was
occurring (by default). In this case the vlan numbers may only reflect the
connection setup stuff and not necessarily full traffic flows and could be
misleading (very). I'm not sure if this is still the case with all
versions/models. But I would recommend a review of the numbers before
basing decisions on them (or even showing them to others making decisions)
because there is a potential to be mislead if the above is still true.

cheers,
brad...