[mrtg] Cisco PortNames and IndexMaker

James Amann jamann at gsu.edu
Wed Feb 6 16:20:25 MET 2002

Hello all,

I am trying create a set of graphs and html pages for a Cisco 6509 switch.
I would like to use the information that is presented in these graphs after the heading:
Port Name: xxxxx. (see Below)

System:Dev in xx Gxx
Maintainer:Our Org
ifType:Eth
ifName:2/2
Port Name:Systemxyz <-----THIS IS WHAT I WANT
Max Speed:12.5 MBytes/s

Specifically I would like this piece of information to be used as the section heading.  I have tried the options below for indexmaker and these do not retrieve the needed info.

 --section=h1        h1 tag from pagetop as section heading (default)
 --section=title     title as section headings for graphs
 --section=name      graph name as section heading
 --section=descr     graph description as section heading
 --section=portname  port name entry in pagetop as section heading

The "Port Name:" area in the above section should not be confused with the --section=portname option from the indexmaker manual which returns the ifname.

The bit of information from the enclosed section above, "Port Name:"  is retrieved from the cisco OID: 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.5.1.4.1.1.4 or cisco.5.1.4.1.1.x.x where x.x is slot/port. The value of the OID is entered at the CLI by the router's admin.

Does anyone know an option in indexmaker that would allow me to use this information as the section title for the graph indices?