[mrtg] Monitoring Users (NT/2K)

d.schneider d.schneider at systemnt.net
Sun Jan 27 20:27:36 MET 2002

I have found a couple of pages describing how to monitor current winNT/2000
user sessions, however, one of them uses a samba share which i do not have
or plan to install..and the other seems to not like the OID that is used..
(http://www.somix.com/software/mrtg/# select 'microsoft_w2k_number_of_users'
from list at bottom)
This returns an error:
 " ERROR: CFG Error Unknown Option
"1.3.6.1.2.1.25.1.5.1&1.3.6.1.2.1.25.1.5.1" on line 10 or above."
I've tried to walk it, looking for this OID.. but it doesnt seem to exist
either (Win2k).
Does anyone have any idea how to use mrtg to monitor user sessions for a
NT/2K network WITHOUT having to install Samba?

Thanx
-dave