[mrtg] Re: getting a value for Maxbytes[nnn]: automatically

Don Harvie don.harvie at usa.net
Sun Jan 27 23:40:23 MET 2002

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the response.

I was kind of hoping it could be polled on each run or maybe every n
runs.

I'm actually building the configs by hand to monitor lm_sensors output
under linux.
In this case the maxbytes value won't change very often, but it can be
changed, (I've actually had to up the cpu alarm temp for example, the
value was too low to cope with our summer heat, (up to 40 deg C ambient
temp (72 F)). With an alarm set at 40 C I had to change it. And of
course since I exceeded makes bytes the graph stoppped ;-) I've now
fixed that by using Absmax as well set to the power down temp.

However retrieving maxbytes or absmax would also make duplicating a
config from one machine to another easier, which is something I'm doing
for disk space.

Regards,
Don Harvie

--