[mrtg] Re: LoadMIB:

tony bourke tony at vegan.net
Wed Jul 24 16:40:29 MEST 2002

Hi Matt,

If you are using the OID (numeric form), then you don't need to do a
LOADMIB.  LOADMIBs are needed when you want to use
enterprises.cisco.ipsec.flow, etc, rather than the numeric form.

One thing I would check is to see if the OIDs you are pulling are counters
or gauges.  If it's a gauge, you need to specify that in the Options[]
field, otherwise you'd get zero.  However, sounds like you are trying to
poll a byte counter.

In that case, make sure you don't have the AbsMax set too low.  Also try
using an SNMP program like GetIF or net-snmp to poll those OIDs and see
what values are returned.

Tony

Tony Bourke				tony at vegan.net