[mrtg] mrtg graph names are useless/switch issue?

KC kcnorden at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 26 23:24:38 MEST 2002

the graphs which are created by mrtg are named with
 addresses which don't help me.  I believe this is due
 to a switch and/or snmp issue, but need some help.
for instance, I have mrtg pointed at my 3com
 superstack 3300 switch.  it shows graphs for
 192.168.4.11_101.html all the way to
192.168.4.11_441.html.  obviously, my internal ip
address of my switch is 192.168.4.11.  This naming
structure seems reminsent of NAT, but I am not sure.
 I have specified "ifref=ip" in my cfg file, but I
really need a more descriptive way to view these
results.  RIght now, I don't know what port is 101 or
441.  Any ideas?  Your help is greatly appreciated.

Casey Norden
 IS Technician