[mrtg] suppress error message for targets

Peter W. Osel pwo at Infineon.COM
Sun Jul 28 23:39:28 MEST 2002

My apologies if I missed this in the doc or maling list archive, and
that I don't have a patch ;-0...

one of our beloved network service providers allows RO SNMP access to
their routers that implement our network, but every other month they
mess up the router's configuration and remove the SNMP read access.

mrtg then send me its error messages every five minutes ...

is it possible, or would it be a nice feature to suppress the error
message, say, the first time a mail is send, but if the same target has
problems, we only send every 12th error message (assuming 5 minutes
poll interval, we would get one error message per hour instead of every
5 minutes.)

Any thoughts?
	--pwo

--
Peter W. Osel                   Sr. Network & Systems Manager
Infineon Technologies           Email: pwo at Infineon.COM

pgp key fingerprint = 79 2D DD 49 C0 AA D8 CF  2C F9 A5 6A BA 37 0E 28