[mrtg] MRTG 2.9.18 and gd

John Oliver joliver at john-oliver.net
Fri Jun 7 19:43:52 MEST 2002

checking for gdImageGif in -lgd... no
checking for gdImagePng in -lgd... no
checking for gdImagePng_jpg in -lgd... no
checking for gdImagePng_jpg_ft in -lgd... no
checking for gdImageGd in -lgd... yes
checking for gd.h... yes

** The GD library is required for rateup to compile.
   Get it from http://www.boutell.com, compile it and
   use either --with-gd-lib=DIR and --with-gd-inc=DIR to specify
   its location. You might also have to use --with-z-inc, --with-z-lib
   and --with-png-inc, --with-png-lib for gd versions 1.6 and higher.
   Check config.log for more information on the problem. If your system
   has libgd installed, you probably mis the gd.h header file.

I do have gd installed...

[root at mrtg mrtg-2.9.18]# rpm -q gd
gd-1.8.4-4

I've tried using the switches in many variations, pointing at the
installed gd libraries, a source dir for gd, and then installed the
latest version of gd from the source.  Nothing works.  I've installed
older versions of MRTG many, many times and never had this problem.
What do I need to do to make 2.9.18 compile?

--
John Oliver                                    http://www.john-oliver.net/
joliver at john-oliver.net                    http://www.mrtg-monitoring.com/