[mrtg] Traffic Ananylsis Help

Ahmiq Singh ahmiq at brain.net.pk
Sun Jun 30 04:30:46 MEST 2002

Hi guy ,
I hope some one have  replied it but after long search i didnt get it.

I am managing Cisco Catalyst switch 2900 XL 24 ports, sometime calles 2924.Also the traffic is passing thorugh cisco 4000 router.And maxtnt.
These are three devices where all the traffic must pass and i can figure out which type if traffic is passing at given time.Actully in night some time my uplink mrtg show a huge load,I tried hard to figure out but did nt get it.

Is there any possibility to check in above three device the traffic protocol wise (means , www, ftp,ssh,imap,telnet, etc)throught mrtg ?

or through any script and then draw mrtgs?
i am new here sorry for long mail.
Regrads
and thanx