[mrtg] Monitoring In & Out Errors

Michael Kopach kopam at augustana.ab.ca
Wed Nov 20 23:26:41 MET 2002

Hello All!

This is a newbie question and yes I did look in the manual. I am trying
to monitor interface errors, both in and out. The ifRef is set to name
i.e. --ifRef=name. The device is a HP 5308xl router with some gigabit
ports on it. I tried the line of
Target[IP_name]: ifInErrors#A1&ifOutErrors#A1:community-name

and mrtg did not seem to complain about it. However, there was no
output from it. What I need is an example from somewhere or someone as
to how to monitor port errors. Maybe another question would be, does
this need to be under a separate cfg file for mrtg to run? I am using
mftg 2.9.22 at the moment.

Thanks to one and all ... Mike

Michael A. Kopach
System Administrator