[mrtg] Re: Cisco switch backplane traffic

Greg.Volk at edwardjones.com Greg.Volk at edwardjones.com
Mon Nov 25 16:57:56 MET 2002

The c2900BandwidthUsageCurrent mibvar is from CISCO-C2900-MIB.my.
I modified a cfgmaker template for it. It's at
http://mrtg.gvolk.com/template/host-xl-bandwidth.template
if anyone wants a copy.

The variable itself is a gauge and is in megabits/sec, so (1)
you're not getting an average, just a snapshot-in-time, and
(2) it isn't very granular. It's good for a long term, monthly
or yearly view though.

}
}Well it has been so long ago. I got the big cisco mib "zipped" from
}mibcentral "http://12.47.45.123/index.shtml", I do know that.
}I also had
}asked the question a year or so ago on the group and found a
}few others who
}said that was what I was looking for.
}
}Cisco's site said there wasn't a b/p MIB for these as no poitn
}monitoring
}these....
}
}Which MIB is that from?
}
}So how would this compare to Backplane Traffic?
}
}c2900BandwidthUsageCurrent 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.87.1.5.1.0
}
}

-- Type: application/ms-tnef
-- Size: 1k (1915 bytes)