[mrtg] error running external script

Koenraad Vanhoutte Koenraad.Vanhoutte at evosoft.be
Mon Oct 7 16:55:21 MEST 2002

Hello,

When mrtg tries to execute an external script to monitor the latency of my
connection, I get the following error :

Can't fork to start '/etc/mrtg/latency-adslgw-minmax.pl 217.136.254.225 5':
Permission denied
Could not get any data from external command
'/etc/mrtg/latency-adslgw-minmax.pl 217.136.254.225 5'
Maybe the external command did not even start. (Permission denied)

Mrtg runs on debian linux 2.2r5.
The owner and the group of the script are the same as the owner and group of
mrtg.

I don't know what's the problem. I've already checked on the faq and the
newsgroups but I didn't find an answer.
I would be very gratefull if somebody could help me with this problem.

Koenraad Vanhoutte