[mrtg] Re: HP Laserjet MIBS and descriptions

Peter Glanville peter_glanville at cuk.canon.co.uk
Fri Oct 25 11:28:26 MEST 2002

> I downloaded the MIB file for Laserjet 5 printers from SNMP4tPC and added
> them to getif 2.2, but under the MIBII tree, there are no descriptions.

If there is a typing error in the MIB file, GetIf seems to ignore the whole
file. I think there is a log created somewhere.
ActiveSNMP compiles the MIB more obviously, and tells you which line the
typo is on.
Then you get to read the file, and guess what it should say. Compare the
faulty line to other (similar) lines, and you can normally spot it.