[mrtg] Re: can i keep more data

Bishop, Dean dean.bishop at tcdsb.org
Fri Oct 25 14:19:22 MEST 2002

Good morning,

	Thanks everyone, for the responses.

	Yes, in fact using RRDRowCount does do the trick but there is no way
of adding this option to a cfgmaker command.

	This is problematic because it must be added to each of the
interfaces that you want the extra data for.  Doing this manually on a cat
6509 is a bit of a chore.  Doing it on more than one is a pain and doing it
for 1200 3524's is just bloody impossible.

	My solution:  i have two versions of mrtg, one stock and one
modified to create the extra rows that i need.  Because the rows are created
on the first execution of mrtg using the new config, i just need to use the
modified mrtg once, then use mrtg standard.

later,
dean

--
dream outloud