[mrtg] Summing multiple targets

M.E. m.eldesoky at tedata.net
Wed Apr 2 16:54:27 MEST 2003

Hello all
I know I have asked for this alot.
I use MRTG with rrdtool.
Well, I want to make a summation of many targets (and I mean many).
I tried many solutions, but most of them is not suitable since I use cacti as
my frontend, so I can't go with the option to make the graph statement
myself!
So, I think the best way is to make MRTG sum the links in one rrd file, and
graph it simply like any other thing.

When I put the targets in MRTG cfg file, it throws some error messages to me
that some targets didn't return a value, and that it skipped the operation.
I use the option unknaszero in mrtg cfg file.
I don't know if MRTG has any limits on the number of targets to be summed !!
I have more than 50 targets.
Anyone tried doing something like that ???

Regards
M. Eldesoky

--
Person who say it cannot be done should not interrupt person doing it.
--Chinese Proverb