[mrtg] Recovering from a "no response" error

Ivette Reategui reategi at mail.nlm.nih.gov
Mon Apr 14 21:26:23 MEST 2003

Hi,
My mrtg.cfg file includes several devices' configuration files.  So only the mrtg.cfg file runs as a daemon.
When one of the devices for some reason does not respond to mrtg polling, it slows down polling for the rest of devices.  In some instances mrtg stops all together (even though I'm not sure if this is the reason it is stopping.)
Is there a way to tell mrtg to skip polling the device that is not responding.
I could also run each config as a separate daemon, but the server's admin does not want to (to save resources.)
Thank you in advance for your help.

- Ivette