[mrtg] Re: Router appears to drop out, but provider sayes its ok

Nick Earle Nick_Earle at bat.com
Fri Apr 25 16:47:04 MEST 2003

Is there an easy way to determine if the counter is using 32bit, or 64bit?

Regards,

Nick Earle

                    "Bates Curtis"
                    <Curtis.Bates at AGED       To:     "'Nick Earle'" <Nick_Earle at bat.com>, MRTG Mailing List
                    WARDS.com>                <mrtg at list.ee.ethz.ch>
                                             cc:     (bcc: Nick Earle/London/GB/BAT)
                    25/04/2003 14:08         Subject:     [mrtg] Re: Router appears to drop out, but provider sayes
                                              its ok

It probably is a counter overflow.  Check to see if the counter you are
using is 32 bit.
You might also want to look at the mrtg release notes because I think a
recent version of MART fixed this problem.