[mrtg] PIX 515 and outlast and inlast not defined - MRTG 2.9.29

Collin McClendon CMcClendon at synergyonefcu.org
Fri Aug 15 16:43:52 MEST 2003

Hello all, I have read the manual, searched all of this list and Usenet, and
I can't quite understand this error. Not knowing Perl yet I was hoping that
this was something I could get help with. I did see a prior post with this
error saying that older versions of mrtg did work, however, there was no
response to why it won't work with 2.9.29 which I am using. I have tried
2.10-pre9 as well with the same results. I'm trying to poll our PIX 515 and
I do succeed in getting cfgmaker to create a config file. I can attach or
send it if anyone needs it. Thanks for any help! When I run mrtg against the
cfg I get this error for each of the three interfaces:
ERROR: Target[192.168.115.254_1][_IN_] '1:@public at 192.168.115.254:' (warn):
Array found where operator expected at (eval 4) line 1, at end of line
ERROR: Target[192.168.115.254_1][_OUT_] '1:@public at 192.168.115.254:' (warn):
 Array found where operator expected at (eval 5) line 1, at end of line
WARNING: Skipping Update of 192.168.115.254_1, inlast is not defined
WARNING: Skipping Update of 192.168.115.254_1, outlast is not defined
ERROR: Target[192.168.115.254_2][_IN_] '2:@public at 192.168.115.254:' (warn):
Array found where operator expected at (eval 6) line 1, at end of line
ERROR: Target[192.168.115.254_2][_OUT_] '2:@public at 192.168.115.254:' (warn):
 Array found where operator expected at (eval 7) line 1, at end of line
WARNING: Skipping Update of 192.168.115.254_2, inlast is not defined
WARNING: Skipping Update of 192.168.115.254_2, outlast is not defined
ERROR: Target[192.168.115.254_3][_IN_] '3:@public at 192.168.115.254:' (warn):
Array found where operator expected at (eval 8) line 1, at end of line
ERROR: Target[192.168.115.254_3][_OUT_] '3:@public at 192.168.115.254:' (warn):
 Array found where operator expected at (eval 9) line 1, at end of line
WARNING: Skipping Update of 192.168.115.254_3, inlast is not defined
WARNING: Skipping Update of 192.168.115.254_3, outlast is not defined