[mrtg] One CFG for many servers...

Sutton, Rob rsutton at centra.com
Thu Dec 18 17:39:40 MET 2003

I've been using MRTG for some time now and I was wondering if there is a way
to use fewer cfg files then one for each server.

I've got to make some changes and we have well over 110 Windows 2000 or 2003
servers being monitored with a cfg for each. You can imagine how I am not
looking forward to having to modify all of these. I made an ASP page that
works in conjunction with a few scripts to create the server cfg's from a
template cfg. So creating them in the 1st place wasn't bad.

Thanks!

Rob Sutton
Site Operations Manager
Centra Software, Inc.