[mrtg] Forks appear to be broken (since 2.10.6)

Vern Dias tvdias at charter.net
Tue Dec 30 02:34:51 MET 2003

Please help...
Forks have been broken for me starting in 2.10.6.  Reading some other posts, I see some work to eliminate the error message "fork died ahead of time".

Unfortunately, even with the latest 2.10.11 which eliminates the message, forks just flat out don't work in my environment and haven't since 2.10.5.

I am using Perl 5.8.1 on Solaris 8.

I cannot retrieve any data if the config file has a "Forks" statement in it.
I receive a "did not eval into defined data" on every interface.

I am running multiple concurrent mrtg sessions (different config names) and I concerned about not having the lockfile fix in 2.10.6.

Thanks in advance,

Vern Dias