[mrtg] Re: Graphs not updating

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Thu Feb 6 16:16:12 MET 2003

On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 03:43:47PM +0100, N MacDonald wrote:

> I have configured mrtg to run on a win2kpro pc collecting data from a
> 3com switch by following the NT guide and it runs without error. The log
> files appear to be updating but the png graphs are just solid green with
> no visible trace. I have set the runasdaemon:yes and growright, bits in

That doesn't mean they aren't changing.  The location of the grid lines
for instance may be very important here...

> the config file. Have tried various settings for interval from the
> default of 5, without success. The html pages contain in and out figures
> under each graph (if left running) so I assume data is being collected
> and this is a display problem. Please can anyone guide me to where I
> might start looking to resolve this?

Possible problems:
1) the data you're monitoring doesn't change
2) the images are updated yet you look at cached information
3) the resulting rate is above maxbytes and the previous rate
   is shown in stead
   (and yes, this is documented *and* desired behaviour)

Others: please extend this list.

cheers,
Alex
--
Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give
offence. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-bullshit