[mrtg] Re: Need help in configuring threshold check!!

JeremyP at psi-cu.com JeremyP at psi-cu.com
Thu Feb 6 21:28:42 MET 2003

Here is the part of my setup I just configured:
Setup the thresh directory, temp files are stored here.

ThreshDir: E:\MRTG\Thresh

This is the max incoming threshold, here, if the device monitored
returns above 7, the batch file will launch.  If it goes below 7, the
second batch file kicks off.  MRTG is supposed to send additional info
to the batch file, but I do not know how to input that into the
program/batch file (if anyone has an example of this, I'd like to see
it).

ThreshMaxI[$DEVICE]: 7
ThreshProgI[$DEVICE]: E:\mrtg\batch\thresh.bat
ThreshProgOKI[$DEVICE]: E:\mrtg\batch\threshOK.bat

I use "sendemail" in my batch file to send email:
http://caspian.dotconf.net/menu/Software/SendEmail/
There is a windows exe available.

sendemail -f From.email at address.com -t To.email at address.com -u "Subject
Blah Blah Exceeds Threshold" -m "Message Blah Blah Exceeds Threshold" -s
172.17.2.7 -l sendemail.log

More info on thresh is in the MRTG Config Reference:
http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/reference.html

Jeremy Porter, CCNA
Network Administrator
Premier Systems Inc.