[mrtg] Re: mrtg installation

tony bourke tony at vegan.net
Mon Jan 6 22:09:55 MET 2003

MRTG can trend the traffic utilization for any MIB-2 compliant
SNMP-enabled device (switch, router, Linux, Windows, even a toaster if
it's got a network stack and SNMP).  Virtually all SNMP-enabled devices
are MIB-2 compliant.  I've never run into a device that wasn't.

It simply checks the byte counters for the Layer 2 interfaces (PPP,
Ethernet, ATM) available, so no logs are analyzed.

Tony

--
Tony Bourke				tony at vegan.net