[mrtg] Re: Custom Graphs

Peter Glanville peter_glanville at cuk.canon.co.uk
Fri Jan 17 10:57:55 MET 2003

>I use 14all.cgi and routers.cgi which is fine for showing all the data per
>MRTG config file, but there is data that I would like to graph together
from
>multiple rrd's.

Not particularly clear on what you want, but will this help?

1st CFG measures traffic on Router one.
2nd CFG monitors traffic on Router two.
You want to know total traffic out of the building without actually
measuring it (target[total]: 1:public at router1 + 1:public at router2)

Try routers2.cgi
create a dummy cfg (not invoked by MRTG) with:
target[router1]: {use the targetname and details of where router1 is
measured in the 'live' CFG}
other relevant parameters....
routers.cgi*Graph[router1]: RoutersTotal
{Use the InMenu, InSummary, InCompact and InOut options to hide the basic
graphs if desired}

target[router2] { ditto }
Etc.
#routers.cgi*Graph[router2]: RoutersTotal

Then view the RoutersTotal Graph

Regards
Peter