[mrtg] Re: Interface counter (fwd)

Jerry Heidtke jheidtke at fmlh.edu
Wed Jul 16 21:07:33 MEST 2003

A couple suggestions:

Make sure you're using Options[count]: gauge

Make sure your Maxbytes is high enough to accommodate the results when
all the ports are up.

Run mrtg against the target several times and post the first ten or so
lines of the rateup log file, so we can see what kind of numbers are
being returned and calculated.

Turn on error logging and see if any errors are being generated.

Jerry