[mrtg] Incorrect outbound numbers?

Marc O. Weinmann mweinmann at luxsci.net
Wed Oct 22 19:12:01 MEST 2003

Hi all.. trying to figure out something.. I have mrtg installed,
monitoring only my cable modem interface, eth1. the inbound numbers seem
correct, but the outboung always seems high. If I run iptraf at the same
time and watch the outbound average, it's always about 1/2 of what mrtg
uses as an average. For a cable modem, it reports about 14-16K/sec on
average, while iptraf is telling me it's only about 7-9K/sec. I know
it's not much, but with a 128kbit outbound cap, it's a lot.

Any ideas to the discrepancy?

mrtg 2.9.29 on slackware 9 (2.4.20)

Thanks!
Marc

email: mweinmann at luxsci.net
aim  : ncl2fth
--
I use a secure email server, encrypted by SSL. If you
don't want anyone snooping in on your email or email