[mrtg] Re: Getting IP address

Koelstra, J. (Jan) JKoelstra at MINSZW.NL
Fri Oct 31 13:34:29 MET 2003

Christian,

If you get a string (text) value from your oid you can not use this
value in your MRTG config to draw a graph. If you want to graph the
value then you have to use an external program that converts the text to
an integer value.

You can specify a port in a number of ways: By ID, by name, by type, by
description, by IP-number or by ethernet adress. Look in the
reference.html for details how to address them in your config file.

Jan.

-----Original Message-----
From: Adell Querol, Christian [mailto:cadell.r at tvcatalunya.com]
Sent: Friday, October 31, 2003 12:51 PM
To: Koelstra, J. (Jan); mrtg at list.ee.ethz.ch
Subject: RE: [mrtg] Getting IP address

Yes, I have been looking the cfgmaker documentation and I know the
possibility of get the IP address by cfgmaker, but my two questions
refer to the operation with manual configuration with target's OIDs. For
example, I want to get data from OID X.X.X.X.X.X.X.X, but this data is
not a number but is a text. Another example, the OID Y.Y.Y.Y.Y.Y.Y.Y
contains the duplex mode, but how can I specify the port which I want to
monitor?

thanks,

Christian