[mrtg] Re: Somix templates and how to properly use them

Cook, Garry GWCOOK at mactec.com
Mon Sep 22 16:58:27 MEST 2003

Well, I suppose I could be wrong, it's been known to happen.

Maybe I confused the issue by saying 'not intended to be called from
MRTG', what I really meant was 'not intended to be called from cfgmaker
using the --if-template or --host-template' options'. With that said, I
have not tried this, so I may be wrong about this as well. However,
since the MRTG cfgmaker reference states 'The file is supposed to
contain Perl code to be executed to generate the lines for the target in
the configuration file.', I'm going to assume that the somix templates
will not work this way, until proven otherwise.

Is there anyone with additional input? Can these templates (which are
really just config files) be called via the --if/host-template options
in cfgmaker?

Garry W. Cook, CCNA
Network Infrastructure Manager
MACTEC, Inc. - http://www.mactec.com/
303.308.6228 (Office) - 720.220.1862 (Mobile)