[mrtg] Re: Monitoring Windows 2000 CPU Usage (Somix Template)

James Davis jamesd at jml.net
Tue Apr 27 17:12:50 MEST 2004

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004, Dave Whitehead wrote:

> My current "workaround" is to keep an eye on the graphs and when they
> drop to zero on CPU to recheck the OID !

Well I'd rather not have to do that as I'd like everything to be working
as automagically as is possible. It's not always going to be someone who's
familiar with Linux and/or SNMP that will be restarting the server.

> An alternative is http://www.wtcs.org/snmp4tpc/snmp4w2k.htm which may
> lock the OID's down a bit more (although I havent tried it).

That's been replaced by SNMP informant now hasn't it? I'm tempted to give
it a try since the free, standard version provides all the numbers that
I'd like to monitor. I'd like to look at monitoring the performance
monitor counters through SNMP first, but can't find the perfmon SNMP
agent and it doesn't appear to be already installed as querying the
objects results in a not found error. Hrmm...

James

--
"You're turning into a penguin. Stop it"
http://jamesd.ukgeeks.co.uk/