[mrtg] Re: Monitoring Windows 2000 CPU Usage (Somix Template)

Garth Williams garth.williams at wtcs.org
Tue Apr 27 17:59:14 MEST 2004

Just to let you know, SNMP Informant IS a Performance Counter (perfmon)
Agent.  It simply uses its own (supported) DLL to get them, and not the
unsupported M$ perfmib.dll.

And yes, the MIB OIDs are "locked down" in the sense that now they are
fixed (unlike MS where the OIDs would change depending on who ran
perf2mib to extract the counters.  BUT, this is likely better since you
now no longer have to worry about changing OIDs.

There is a technical description of the product on the Overview page on
the SNMP Informant site, and I will answer all product queries on the
SNMP Informant forum (accessible from the Support Page on www.snmp-
informant.com.

Thank you very much!

Garth K. Williams