[mrtg] Re: graph-drawing performance

Corey Smith csmith at bonddesk.com
Wed Feb 4 21:09:55 MET 2004

What application are you using to turn the RRDs into graphs (14all,
mrtg-rrd, routers.cgi, ?)

I'm currently using mrtg-rrd.  I saw similar performance in graph
rendering before I started using modperl in Apache.  Once I converted to
modperl I saw a 10-15x performance improvement in the rendering of
graphs.

Another thought would be to split your switches into more manageable
pieces (a page per blade for example).

BTW: What does the load average go up to when you view that page? :)

-Corey Smith