[mrtg] Re: please help - Re: Re: Monitor CRC & Framing Errors

hdevito at qwest.net hdevito at qwest.net
Thu Jun 17 18:04:22 MEST 2004

--snip--
track
> >how many framing errors vs CRC errors, then maybe you should spend more
> >time trying to fix the errors than to chart them. Just my humble opinion
> >of course.
--snip--

I would like nothing more than to just have the T1's run clean all the time,
but we are using this as an easier way to keep track of T1's with errors.
Our wan consists of over 30 T1's the LEC that controls these T1's seems to
always have a problem on at least one each week.  It is a lot easier to look
at one webpage with 30 charts and see if there are errors rather than log
into each router and check for CRC's.

Many thanks to all of the people that helped me.  I finally am able to track
CRC and framing error's correctly and consistantly.

My next task is to produce a webpage that shows if the actual interface of
each router is up or down and I have to be able to chart that on time line
also.  Can I do that with MRTG?

Henry